Instagram is the latest trend at has taken casual photography to a new level! It started as a simple tool where you could snap and share and now it is so much more. The basic square pictures with filter remains evergreen and a great way to share the world around you. The app is probably the best way to access the service and enjoy all the services! (especially push notifications). But alas, the app is not available for your Mac! However there is little to worry and with Bluestacks, you can enjoy Instagram for Mac as well…
Must Read: Telegram for PC – The Gen “Y” App!
Instagram – The Experience
The Instagram experience is basically asking you to share the world around you by clicking random pictures, squaring and editing them with some basic filters and then posting online for others to see. Your picture can get liked upon and even shared on Facebook. However, on your Mac, you wont be going shutter happy with just a webcam. So your primary motto is the feed and the push notifications.
On your Mac you can use the website but it wont give you desktop notifications even if connected to an Internet connection. This is exclusive to smartphones/tabs but if you can run the app on your Mac, you can greatly benefit from it. Also, your Mac has an awful lot of storage space compared to your phone and hence you have more contents to share.
This means that the app is of great use even if you are operating from your Mac. But the main problem being – its not built for OS X. So, how go about enjoying Instagram for Mac? Bluestacks is the answer to the question as we will witness this in the next section.
Instagram for Mac
In order to run the app, we will use the fact that it is also available on Google’s playstore. Bluestacks is an android emulator – meaning that it can execute other Android apps on your Mac. It also lets you access Google’s platstore to download and install the apps within Bluestacks. A brief overview of the usage of the software would be:
- Install Bluestacks
- Install Instagram inside Bluestacks
- Start Bluestacks and then Instagram and then enjoy sharing/browsing contents!
So, let us outline the detailed installation setps of both the apps on your Mac!
- Fristly, download the latest Bluestacks setup for Mac.
- On your settings/preferences, enable installation of apps from any source. (This is required to install Bluestacks).
- Start the installation of Bluestacks. It will take some time to finish.
- Once done, for the first time when you start Bluestacks, you will need to setup your preferences such as default langauge and your Google account (create a new one or use your existing Gmail ID and password)
- Once done, you will be at the home screen. On the top search bar type “Instagram” and search for it.
- On completion of the search, you will land at the playstore page of the app. Click on the install button to install Instagram
Once installation completes, come back to home screen and you will see Instagram listed there. Click on the entry to launch the app!